Transform3D.get_nsym :: return the number of rotations associated with a given point-group symmetry
nsym = Transform3D.get_nsym(SymString)
possible values for SymString (can us single or double quotes) are
- 1. 'cn', axial symmetry (around z) of order n like 'c1', 'c2' etc
- 2. 'dn', axial symmetry (around z) of order n and also d symmetry like 'd1', 'd2' etc
- 3. 'icos' meaning icosahedral symmetry
- 4. 'oct' meaning the symmetry of the cube/octahedron
- 5. 'tet' meaning the symmetry of the tetrahedron
- 6. 'i','c1' meaning no symmetry
Author / Maintainer
P. R. Baldwin
- category 1
- category 2
emdata_sparx.cpp (method symvol); transform.cpp
- works for most people, has been tested.
None detected so far.